I stand with Planned Parenthood.
It would seem with today’s extreme politicians that we as a community have taken steps backwards with women’s health. It’s kinda scary. It’s scary that there are people out there that would want to affect my mother’s, sister’s, niece’s, dear friend’s or some homeless mother to visit to a doctor.
Men, who think nothing of walking around at night with their male privilege, must not think it would be crazy for someone to block them from seeing their doctor if their junk was bleeding. I’ll include stubborn women, who are more misguidedly concerned about their trip to hell than a woman willing to shove a hanger up her hoohaa.
Here’s the thing:
- Every year, most people, (97% of 10,600,000) go to Planned Parenthood to receive medical services for their sexual & reproductive health. While a small portion(3%) of women go to Planned Parenthood to get an abortion.
- Tax payers put in a lowly $528,000,000 to fund Planned Parenthood’s services. Exactly 0% of that is used on abortions. As prescribed by law in 1977, federal money is NOT to be spent on abortions. Let’s be real here, that may look like a lot of money, but if you see the number for how much tax payers put into the military, ($680,000,000,000), you may faint. Yes, that a whole extra set of zeros on the end.
- The group, which I shall not name, who illegally recorded Planned Parenthood staff, created a fake company, with fake tax documents, who is directly connected to a group that has bombed facilities and published highly edited recordings of the let’s be hypothetical chats, has 0% credibility.
- The videos were supposed to give the appearance that Planned Parenthood was taking the aborted fetuses and selling them in the black market, which is 100% FALSE.
Women in a very few Planned Parenthoods are allowed to DONATE fetal tissue for lifesaving medical research, research that is developing cures for Parkinson’s and for Alzheimer’s, even the Ebola vaccine. If Planned Parenthood receives any money from these research firms, it is only enough to barely cover costs, not profit. (Research Firms: StemExpress, Advanced Bioscience Laboratories, etc.)
- It is completely legal to DONATE fetal tissue, see the 1993 law.
- Christian Extremists, a minority, is working hard to undermine the majority, the law of the land and healthcare for law-abiding citizens.
Planned Parenthood has, for 99 years, been one of the largest non-profit health care providers of women in this country. One in five women in this country depend on Planned Parenthood for health care.
- Fact: Women in poor communities need even more access to healthcare for their sexual and reproductive health, extremist Christians are aggressively attempting to eliminate that access.
- Fact: Abortion seems to be the buzz word that gets people going. But if access to safe abortion is eliminated, women will turn to unsafe measures, like sticking a hanger up their hoohaa, potentially removing the fetus, as well as, killing themselves in the process.
To remove access to safe abortions in NOT Pro-Life at all and is fundamentally hypocritical and actually proselytizing at it’s worst. There are countries out there that do not allow abortions, the United States of America is built on what the people want. Most people want women to have save access to healthcare.
Let’s discuss the fetal tissue donation process and make sure all parties are acting within the confines of the law without using deceptive techniques to profit. But to discuss defunding Planned Parenthood is morally objectionable and taking us back decades. We as a community have so many other opportunities to discuss and legitimate issues to address.
Let’s discuss adding more funds to the critical services for women’s healthcare.
Just my oponion.