Other things that happened in 1999, as Jon Stewart came out of Comedy Central’s birthing canal:
- Professional wrestler Jesse Ventura sworn in as governor of Minnesota
- Impeachment trial of President Clinton began
- The Sopranos debuted
- Michael Jordan announced his retirement
- Family Guy debuted
- John Elway was the MVP of the Superbowl
- OJ Simpson sold his Heisman Trophy to pay off settlement
- Lauryn Hill won mad Grammys
- The movie 10 Things I Hate About You released
- Wayne Gretzky played his last game
- Space Shuttle Discovery docked with Int’l Space Station for the first time
- Pete Sampras beat Andre Agassi at Wimbleton
- John F. Kennedy Jr. and his wife Caroline were killed in plane crash
- The movie Sixth Sense released
- Ally McBeal won an Emmy or few
- World’s populations proclaimed at 6 billion
- Elian Gonzalez escapes from Cuba with his mother
- Napster is sued for copyright infringement
- Vladamir Putin becomes the President of Russia
That’s a long run Jon Stewart. So much has happened since Lewinski’s blow jobs. It is a sad day for most of the now 7.3 billion people in the world, while conservatives & Fox News rejoice.
Farewell old friend, welcome back to New Jersey. You’re the best.
Just my oponion.